24 January 2016

Massive Update Coming For Project Plasma

A while ago last year, I mentioned that the next update for Project Plasma was going to be big, huge maybe, however back then I was too vague as I didn't have much of an idea as to how much would be getting added, although I did know that I was going to add a lot of things to it. However over the months I've been giving this update some thought and I know exactly what to do with the game.

I can now officially say that this update will be fucking huge.

Imagine the 0.9.5 and 0.9.6 updates that were pushed out towards the back end of 2014, and the 1.0.2 update thrown in there as well. Those are Project Plasma's three biggest updates and they still don't come to how big this update is going to be, not even combined.

First off, this update isn't going to be 1.0.4, only small updates get minor number increments, this update is worthy of being called 1.1. That alone should be enough to give you an idea of the overall scale of this update.
Note: This is not an official changelog. This is just to give everyone an idea as to what to expect, a full changelog will be posted upon release.
Here is a list of what will likely be coming.

I'll start with the fact that there will be a major easter egg coming to the game, a new hidden boss, who here thought that Level X's Crystalline was too easy? Well, you guys have another thing coming.

Second, achievements might be coming. I'm still undecided on this. It all depends on how hard they are to implement. If they turn out to be a pain in the arse, then I'll do away with them otherwise, let em come!

The last major thing I have coming is probably the biggest thing although it'll be the one that will probably be the least noticeable in-game. I will officially be ditching GameMaker 8.1 on Project Plasma in favour of the more modern GameMaker: Studio that has been used with Project Plasma Mobile, Iron, Thallium, and will be used in Project Plasma 2. This will hopefully equate to a better, and hopefully smoother gameplay experience for you guys not to mention less of a headache for me when I have to put future updates out for the damn thing.

This also means that I will be able to use GameMaker's own system again although I will keep using SGAudio as I would pretty much have to rip the audio code out of every asset in the game and replace it with GameMaker's audio code, needless to say, that's a pain in the arse.

There will likely be other things coming that will happen likely down to the engine switch, however I'm holding no promises in that department. So I guess that's it until the release. I can't quote a release date yet I have no idea how long all of this will take, last time I ported a game from GM 8.1 to GM:S it had a shitload of bugs so either it'll be a real slog, but it'll be done soon... hopefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment